When you are heading out to locations where electricity is scarce, your device won't have long before it runs out of power. As such, you'll need a way to charge your phone. The most convenient way to achieve this is with a solar wireless charger.
This post reviews the best solar chargers on the market and the factors that should guide your decision.
1. QiSa Wireless Solar Charger
- Solar charger, as long as there is enough sunlight, four high-conversion solar...
- Solar power bank 38800mAh large battery, let you get rid of the anxiety of...
- Solar power bank has a wireless charging function, 2 USB output ports, can...
- Power bank is waterproof, drop-proof and dust-proof, and can still work normally...
- Solar power bank has a built-in smart chip that can automatically identify and...
The first option on our list of the best solar chargers is the QiSa Solar Charger featuring four charging panels with a high conversion function for charging your device in minimal time. This solar power bank will charge your phone as long as it has access to sunlight.
With a battery capacity of 35800mAh, the power bank won't easily run out of power which is why the QiSa Solar phone charger is a reliable option. This unit offers wireless charging thanks to the QI Wireless technology. As a result, you don't need a cable to charge your phone using this solar charger.
Additionally, the two USB ports allow you to charge up to three devices simultaneously. This means that you can use this unit to conveniently handle the charging needs of your family or friends. If you are worried about the longevity of this unit in extreme environments, you can rest easy. It's designed to be waterproof, dustproof, and drop-proof. This makes it especially suitable for outdoor activities like camping, backpacking, or hiking.
You can charge your phone much faster with this unit thanks to the integrated smart chip, which increases charging speed and stabilizes the voltage to ensure maximum safety.
2. BLAVOR Solar Charger Power Bank
- 18W Fast Charging Power Bank: Fast Charger-Combined QC3.0 and power delivery...
- 10W Fast Qi Wireless Charger：Wireless Charger-Qi wireless charging tech frees...
- 20000mAh Solar Charger Bank: Solar Charger-20000mAh high capacity allows to...
- Flashlight & Built-in Compass: Three modes light works as Flashlight and Strobe;...
- What You Get& Occasions：1*20,000mAh Solar Charger, 1*Type C Cable, 1*Warranty...
If you are looking for a fast charging solar power bank, the BLAVOR Solar charger is the solution you need. This unit is designed to charge your phone in little time because of its high charging power. Say goodbye to cables and wires as you use this solar charging unit since it comes with wireless charging capabilities.
The solar power bank has a high battery capacity which means it packs enough power to charge your devices multiple times without dying. The power bank takes a while to fully recharge, which is one of the downsides of this unit.
You can use this solar charger as a flashlight or a strobe, thanks to the built-in lighting. As such, you can light up the way without needing to buy a torch. It also has a compass that can help you keep track of the direction you are moving in, making it an excellent tool for outdoor enthusiasts.
3. FEELLE Solar Power Bank
- 3X Faster Solar Charging: Three foldable solar panels can reach a max 4.5W...
- 24000mAh Impressive Capacity: You can charge your smartphone 6-8 times, tablet...
- Outdoor Essential: It has a bright LED flashlight with 3 modes to help you find...
- Intelligent Outputs & High Compatibility: Two USB charging ports with smart...
- Reliable Backup Battery: Our solar chargers have been vigorously tested to...
The next option among the best solar power banks is the FEELLE Solar Power Bank which features three solar panels with a foldable design for easy carriage. This multiple-solar panel unit has a maximum output of 4.5 W when in direct sunlight, three times what you get from a single panel charger.
You can easily attach this unit to your backpack as you walk, hike, or cycle to get power from the sun's rays. You can also fold it up and place it inside your bag for transport. The high battery capacity allows this solar panel charger to power your phone up to eight times without running out of juice. Once fully recharged, you can use this solar power bank for a whole week.
It features two USB ports with smart technology to deliver the right amount of power for various devices, including iPhones, Android devices, and tablets. This unit is also capable of preventing overcharging to ensure your battery lasts as long as it should.
4. DJROLL Portable Solar Charger
- 【36000mAh High Capacity Solar Power Bank】The solar powerbank built-in...
- 【Durable & Safe】The solar charger is made of durable ABS+PC material and...
- 【Wireless Charging & Triple Output Port】The Solar charge power bank has...
- 【Flashlight Function & 8 Bright LED Light with SOS Model】The portable solar...
- 【Solar Panel & Service】Solar power bank can recharge through wall plug or...
In fourth place, we have the DJROLL Portable Solar Charger, which comes with a high-capacity power bank that makes it great for camping, hiking, and other outdoor activities. You can use it to supply the power you need when there isn't electricity available. It comes with an LED light indicator that tells the amount of power in the solar power bank to avoid running out of power unawares.
This unit is made with durable materials, making it suitable for enduring extreme conditions like rain, dirt, and shock. You don't have to worry about the battery in your device since this solar charger is built with a short circuit, discharge, and charging protection which prevents any electric damage.
It comes with wireless charging features which allow you to power your device without a cable. Additionally, the integrated USB port and type C USB outputs make it possible to charge up to four devices simultaneously. With a built-in flashlight, you can use this tool in dark situations without fear. You can recharge this unit with direct sunlight or through a power outlet on the wall.
5. LICORNE Wireless Solar Panel Charger
- 30000mAh Solar Charger: High Capacity Solar Power Bank with 30000mAh large...
- 6 Outputs & Wireless Charging: The portable charger power bank equips with Micro...
- Dual Multifunctional Flashlight: Built-in 1.8W flashlight spotlights, with...
- Durable & Sturdy Design: The solar battery charger is made of premium ABS and PC...
- Warm Tips: Please kindly know that solar charging is an additional feature. Due...
Next on our list is the LICORNE Solar panel, which features a high-capacity solar power bank with enough power for several devices. It's a cable-free portable charger power bank that has six outputs and QI wireless charging. This makes it an excellent option for a family or a group of friends heading out to camp for the weekend.
The LICORNE solar panel charger has a dual flashlight with strong SOS flash modes, which you can use during emergencies. Plus, you can also use it to get through the darkness without hitting obstacles when there isn't any other source of light available.
Since this solar battery charger is made from durable ABS and PC silicone, it is strong and sturdy enough to withstand the challenges of a harsh environment. You can use it for hiking, fishing, or camping without fear since it has water resistance in addition to being dust and shockproof.
6. OIMYE Portable Solar Power Bank
The OIMYE Portable Solar Power Bank has a large battery capacity, making it a great solar wireless charger. It has multiple charging ports, including dual USB output, a Type C port, and a micro USB cable port. As such, it's a versatile unit that can handle various charging needs simultaneously.
Additionally, if your device is QI enabled, you can enjoy wireless charging, which is pretty convenient. This unit can charge your cell phone at high speed, which means you won't have to wait as long as usual for a full battery.
You can use this solar power bank for bright light, as a strobe, or for SOS settings with three LED flashlight modes. This makes it an excellent tool to have when outdoors with no resources except solar energy. It's a wireless solar charger with a lanyard and carabiner, allowing you to wear it or clip it on your backpack as a portable battery.
Additionally, it has an IPX5 water resistance rating, making it great for rainy environments and wet outdoor activities like fishing.
7. Solar Charger Power Bank
- Solar Power Bank with 4 Built in Cables: The solar power bank is equipped with 5...
- Wireless Solar Charger: Instantly charge your phones, tablets or earbuds simply...
- 30000mAh Big Capacity: The 30000mAh solar power bank provides 8.7 charges for...
- Solar Portable Charger: The solar panel can collect solar energy all day under...
- Bright Mode/ SOS/ Strobe Flashlight: The portable solar charger is equipped with...
Lastly, we have the Solar Charger Power Bank by FMOOOSTORE, which you can use as a backup battery for your cell phones. It comes with a wireless charging pad that you can use to power your phone, earbuds, or tablet. It is widely compatible with wireless-enabled devices, which makes it a reliable option.
With five output ports and three input ports, this solar panel charger can support up to six devices plus an extra one via wireless charging since it's compatible with most tablets, smartphones, cameras, earphones, and other small devices.
As long as it stays under direct light from the sun, it can store up enough power to charge your phones multiple times before it runs out. Unfortunately, its solar charging capabilities are reduced in cloudy, rainy, and snowy weather. So, it'll be a great idea to charge it up before leaving for your trip.
This unit is also equipped with LED lights which can function in three different modes; bright, SOS, and Strobe flashlight. As a result, this unit is not only great for outdoor activities but also for home emergencies.
Factors to Consider When Choosing the Best Solar Chargers
1. Types of Solar Chargers
There are two primary forms a solar charger can take; direct solar chargers and battery bank solar chargers.
- Direct Solar Types
These models are designed to charge your device directly from the solar panel. They require a cable to function and need to be under the sun since they convert solar power into electricity to power your smartphone's battery.
- Solar Power Banks
This type of solar charger first stores solar energy into a battery which is later used to charge up your portable devices. They don't need a wire to power your phone since some of them come with wireless capabilities.
It's crucial to consider the size of the solar wireless charger because you might have to carry it around as you move. If you are a backpacker, you don't want to get stuck with a bulky unit that takes up much space. That's why you should go for the most compact design that allows you to pack it inside your bag without having to leave some items behind. A small solar panel with a high power capacity will do more good than a bulkier option.
The weight is just as important as the size of the unit. This is because most people use solar chargers in areas where there isn't any access to electricity. As such, it's necessary to carry the solar panel around. If you buy a heavy battery pack, you'll end up fatigued by the time you reach your destination.
So, it will be best to select an option that allows you to carry it for a long time without getting tired. This means looking for a lightweight solar panel is better than going with a heavier unit.
While the units in this review have wireless charging capabilities, this only handles one device at a time. This could be a bit inconvenient, especially if there are several phones that require charging. As a result, the unit you select should have several ports that allow you to charge the phones using a typical USB cable, micro USB cable, or type C cable.
The number of additional ports differs among units. As such, you should go for the one that has an adequate number of ports supporting simultaneous charging.
5. Charging Speed
The last factor to think about is the speed at which the solar wireless charger powers your phone's battery. This speed will vary between different solar chargers, but it's crucial to look for one that won't need you to wait for too long.
When the charging speed is slow, you'll have to wait for longer times before your battery reaches full capacity. This could be problematic, especially if there are several devices to be charged.
Frequently Asked Questions
1. What is the best solar charger?
The best solar charger on the market is the QiSa Wireless Solar Charger, a lightweight and powerful unit that you can use to charge multiple devices simultaneously.
2. How much is a solar power bank?
Solar power banks range widely in price. The cheaper units start as low as $20, and the most expensive ones are over $100.
3. Do solar phone chargers really work?
Yes, you can use a solar wireless charger to charge devices without any access to electricity since they rely on solar energy to work.