One of the most important aspects of comfort is having the temperature under control, which Honeywell thermostats excel at. These thermostats have everything from room temperature sensors to the new wifi-enabled variant. However, because there are so many different types, it's difficult to know when and how to change Honeywell thermostat battery.
Today we will discuss Honeywell thermostat battery replacement. From determining when it's time to change the batteries to actually changing them. When replacing the batteries in Honeywell thermostats, there are some differences in the process depending on the model. Also, not all Honeywell thermostats require batteries to operate, so look for an LED display to see whether yours is.
When is it Time to Replace the Batteries?
When it comes to Honeywell thermostats, the major question is when to change the batteries. Consider changing the batteries at least once a year. Although the battery's longevity is primarily dependent on your usage, one pair of batteries typically lasts roughly a year.
You also get ample alerts from the device when the batteries are near to expire. You'll get your first notice roughly 60 days before the battery expires. The LED screen flashes, indicating a low battery or the need to change the battery repeatedly on the screen.
It is preferable to be proactive and replace the battery before your device entirely dies. Once you reach the last 60 days of battery life, this notification will continue to flash for the next 60 days with rests in between.
The second form of warning exists, but it is the final step of warning. The device's LED screen turns black and shuts down at this point. It occurs when the AA/AAA batteries in the system are entirely depleted. However, we believe that the battery replacement should not be left until the last minute.
Some Honeywell thermostats now have batteries that are only used as a backup. In this instance, you may believe that you are not required to change the batteries regularly. However, even if the batteries only serve as a backup for your device, you should replace them to preserve your program settings.
If you forget to charge these batteries and they die before their time limit, you will notice certain changes in the date and time settings of the thermostat, or you may lose the data completely.
How to Determine a Honeywell Thermostat Model Number
To figure out how to remove the Honeywell thermostat's batteries and replace them with new ones, you'll need to know the model number of the device you're using. It will ensure that you are on the proper track to complete the project.
If you're lucky, the model number will be printed on the front of most devices. However, if your gadget does not have the model number printed on it, there are two areas where you can look for it. It's either on the back of the device or on the LED display. To check it, you'll have to remove it from the base.
If it's on the display itself, you won't have to look too hard to discover it, but if it's on the back of the device, you'll have to go through a few more steps.
How to Find the Model Number on the Thermostat's Back
The first and most important thing to remember is to unplug it from the power outlet. Keeping it linked to an electrical source increases your chances of coming into contact with a live wire, which can result in a lethal shock.
The device is then slid off the base plate in the second phase. The model number is written on the rear of the gadget once it has been disassembled. After you've finished marking the number, insert the base plate back and replace it where it belongs. It is where your job ends.
If you can't find your thermostat's model number in any of these three places, you're left with only one alternative. The Honeywell model number is found on the box or the user manual provided when it is bought. So you'll undoubtedly find it there.
How to Change Honeywell Thermostat Battery
Honeywell makes a wide variety of thermostats, and the technique for replacing the batteries varies. We'll go over the most common ones below but go to the Honeywell website if yours isn't included.
1. Honeywell Thermostat 1000 and 2000 Series
Honeywell Thermostat battery replacement for 1000 and 2000 series vertical and 2000 series horizontal thermostats is the same. The device has a low battery indication. The batteries have about 60 days of life left when the battery indicator lights. They recommend replacing the batteries once a year or if you will be gone for more than a month.
The control device and the wall plate make up the thermostat. To replace a battery, follow these steps:
- Turn off the power to guarantee your own safety.
- Make a distinction between the base plate and the cover plate. To do so, you must first remove the plate from the bottom.
- Flip the thermostat.
- Replace the two old batteries with new AAA batteries once you've located the battery compartment.
- Put the cover plate back to its original location and tighten it down.
- Connect the thermostat to the wall plate once more.
Here are places to get AAA Alkaline Batteries:
- Duracell AAA Batteries: The Duracell CopperTop Triple A alkaline battery is...
- Long Lasting Power: Duracell alkaline batteries are designed and developed for...
- No.1 Trusted Battery Brand: Duracell CopperTop batteries are available in Double...
- 8 pack of Energizer MAX AAA Alkaline Batteries, Batteries AAA Size
- Energizer's #1 longest-lasting MAX AAA batteries - up to 50% longer lasting than...
- The power you depend on for your triple A devices, from toys and flashlights to...
- This AAA battery pack contains long lasting batteries that hold power for up to...
- Energizer MAX AAA batteries are designed to protect your devices against...
2. Honeywell Thermostat 3000 and 4000 Series
The 3000 and 4000 Series are comparable products, except that the 4000 is programmable. The thermostats can be hard-wired, so they don't require batteries, but the battery power provides a backup if the power goes out.
A "Replace Batt" notice will appear on the display screen when the batteries need to be replaced. Before the batteries are fully gone, you should have about 60 days. Change the batteries once a year or if you're going away for a month or more. The thermostat is installed on a wall plate, and the batteries are interchangeable between the two series:
- Turn off the thermostat's power source.
- Carefully pull at the bottom of the thermostat to remove the thermostat from the wall plate.
- Replace the two AA batteries in the thermostat by turning it over.
- The time and date settings are retained if the batteries are changed within 60 seconds.
- Connect the thermostat to the wall plate once more.
AA batteries can be purchased online:
- 24 Pack of Energizer MAX alkaline AA batteries
- Our Longest Lasting MAX AA battery powers everyday devices
- Leak resistant construction protects your devices from leakage of fully used...
- Power for your nonstop family’s must have devices like toys, flashlights,...
- Holds power up to 10 years in storage so you’re never left powerless
- FORMULATED WITH POWER BOOST INGREDIENTS: Duracell Coppertop AA alkaline...
- GUARANTEED FOR 12 YEARS IN STORAGE: Duracell guarantees each Coppertop AA...
- DEPENDABLE POWER: Duracell Coppertop AA batteries are made to power everyday...
- #1 TRUSTED BATTERY BRAND: From storm prep to holiday needs, Duracell is the #1...
- QUALITY ASSURANCE: With Duracell batteries, quality is assured; every Duracell...
3. Honeywell Thermostat 5000 and 6000 Series
The 5000 and 6000 Series thermostats are nearly identical, except that the 6000 version is programmable. The procedure for changing the batteries on both is the same. When the "Replace Battery" alert lights on the display, you should replace the batteries. The batteries will endure for another 60 days before totally dying.
The procedure for replacing the batteries:
- Turn off the thermostat's power source.
- Then, to remove the battery holder, press on the back cover and pull it out.
- The battery compartment will then be slid out.
- Replace the old, dead batteries with new AA batteries.
- Replace the cover on the base plate in the same position as before.
- Turn on your thermostat.
4. Honeywell Thermostat 8000 Series
Backup batteries are available if the TH8000 Series is linked to mains power. They are backup if the mains power fails. The batteries should be replaced when the "Lo Batt" alert appears or during annual maintenance. If you're going away for more than a month, it's also a good idea to update the batteries.
The TH8000 Series batteries are easy to replace:
- Please turn off the current supply and remove it from the electrical socket for your safety.
- Take a firm grip on the base plate and pull the front cover off.
- Holding the base plate here will assist you in exerting the necessary force to remove the front cover.
- The battery compartment will be visible once the front has been detached.
- Replace the three AAA batteries with fresh batteries.
- Make that the polarity of the batteries is correct.
- Replace the front cover on the device, secure it in place, and reconnect the thermostat.
Other Honeywell thermostat Models
1. Honeywell Lyric Round Thermostat
It is a fantastic Honeywell digital thermostat model. It offers a unique function called geofencing, location-based temperature control on your thermostat. Thanks to the glass touch screen, you can also attach it to other 3rd party devices like the Apple watch, IFTTT, Alexa or Google Home.
These are the procedures you take to remove and replace the battery in this gadget:
- Please turn off the power supply and disconnect it from the sub-base.
- Now you can see the battery compartment.
- You may now replace the batteries from there.
- After that, replace the faceplate in the sub-base, and you're done!
2. Honeywell thermostat RTH110B
This one has essential features, such as controlling the air conditioner and heating pump. However, it lacks some of the more advanced features found in other models, including the program schedule feature or compatibility with third-party devices such as IFTTT, Apple Watch, Alexa, etc.
The procedure in this case:
- To ensure your safety, remove it from the electrical outlet.
- To get to the battery compartment, separate it from the cover plate.
- Once you've discovered it, replace the dead old batteries with fresh ones while keeping the polarity of the cells in mind.
- Replace the cover plate back to its original location and fasten it.
- And now you're ready to utilize your thermostat as usual.
3. Honeywell Thermostat RTH2300/RTH221 Series
These instructions are for Honeywell thermostats in the RTH2300/RTH221 series. When the "Lo Batt" indicator flashes on the screen, the battery must be replaced. The batteries have around 60 days of life left at this time.
- Change the power control switch to "Auto" mode.
- Switch the heat/cool switch to "Off."
- To release the catches, gently pull the bottom of the thermostat.
- To unclip the thermostat from the top mounting points, lift it forward and up.
- Replace the two AA batteries with new batteries.
- Locate the two catches on the top of the thermostat.
- Gently lower the thermostat's bottom.
- Push the bottom of the thermostat in until you hear a click.
4. Honeywell Thermostat RTH230B
The RTH230B is a thermostat that runs on batteries. A battery icon will show on the display when the batteries are running low. From the time the icon appears, you'll have about 120 days of battery life. The procedure for replacing the battery is simple:
- Turn the system off by pressing the "Off" button on the system switch.
- Pull the faceplate towards you to remove it.
- At the top, the front of the thermostat is the battery compartment.
- Bring the battery cover closer to you.
- Replace the batteries.
- Replace the battery cover. When it's properly installed, you'll hear a click.
- Replace the thermostat on the wall plate.
- The thermostat will run through a series of checks before displaying the current temperature.
- Reset the clock and the day of the week. The memory chip saves the program settings, so they don't have to be re-entered.
Frequently Asked Questions(FAQs)
1. How do I delete the low battery message from the display?
The "Low Battery" warning will instantly disappear after replacing the old batteries. If not, you may need to reset the device by turning it off and on. It may have to be done at the circuit breaker.
Furthermore, most Honeywell thermostats remember your preferences. So, even if you disassemble them to change the batteries, they will retain your settings when they restart.
2. What should I do if the thermostat doesn't function after replacing the batteries?
It can occur for a variety of causes. First, check that the battery polarity matches the indications on the thermostat's battery compartment. If it's the same and your thermostat still doesn't work, check the batteries in another device to see if they're draining. If the thermostat still doesn't work, you should contact Honeywell for assistance.
Featured Image Credits: bestadvicezone.com
Image Credits: inhabitat.com