Interstate batteries are one of the most renowned brands when we talk about batteries. This is because they not only deal with car batteries but also manufacture other types of batteries. Interstate batteries are known for their strong build and rugged performance and are one of America's most popular battery brands. These batteries are built to exceed industry requirements and can be used in a variety of automobiles.
Interstate Batteries, formerly known as Interstate Battery System of America, is a battery and marketing distribution corporation that is privately controlled. The company, based in Dallas, Texas, is known for producing high-quality, complete batteries that can be used in practically any vehicle.
It is one of the oldest battery manufacturers and distributors and has decades of experience, serving a broad customer base.
Interstate Battery Reviews | Brand Analysis
It markets and distributes automotive batteries from trusted brands like Exide Technologies, Brookfield Business Partners, and other retailers.
Why does anyone need this?
Consider it. Your car battery has died in the midst of the road? You need to get to an important meeting, but your car won't start due to a dead battery? I'm sure you'd never want to be in such a predicament. However, most people have this experience since they never buy a car battery in advance.
Your day might be entirely ruined by a faulty or dead automobile battery. As a result, it's wise to plan ahead of time. While you are in the market, you can find countless types of batteries for purchase.
So, which one to choose? Well, the choice is up to you in the end, but I recommend buying Interstate batteries.
Well, you would want to know why? So, check out my opinion on the best car batteries review and why I believe these are the best to go for!
What it markets?
It markets automotive, RV/navy, lawn, garden, motorcycle, and other batteries in the ignition, lighting, and start markets.
The company plans to expand global locations as part of company-wide development and growth in the coming years.
Last updated on 2021-08-09 / Affiliate links / Images from the Amazon Product Advertising API.
Highlights About These Batteries
- The company operates a broad distribution network that supplies batteries to more than 200,000 dealers.
- From the Dominican Republic, Guyana, Honduras, Panama, Bermuda, Canada, Bolivia, and other international destinations, they have distributors worldwide.
- Interstate Batteries operate over 200 franchise and company-owned retail stores.
- Instigated with a Studebaker and a corporate handprint, Interstate expanded over the past 65 years into a billion-dollar privately held company and looked forward to the decades ahead.
- The company is one of the leaders in recycling and has recycled countless car batteries they have sold.
The story behind Interstate Batteries
Interstate Batteries has instilled in the surrounding communities a sense of integrity and caring. The company has a long and storied history, having been in operation since 1952.
It has won the trust of professionals over the years by regularly giving high-quality and flawless service.The company strives to positively impact not only its customers but also its partners and team members.
- 1950 - John Searcy begins selling automotive batteries from his Studebaker pickup truck.
- 1952 - Searcy discovers Interstate Battery System.
- 1961-Interstate pairs with Milwaukee-based national battery manufacturer Globe-Union Inc. and introduced the popular label and cartoon icon "Mr. Pro.''
- 1963-The company introduced its original battery system logo.
- 1976-1 million batteries solid in one year.
- 1978-John Searcy retires and turns over his duties to Norm Miller.
- 1980-Interstate introduces the Lightning Bolt logo.
- 1983-The Great American Race created a cross-country vintage race with $250K in prize money.
- 1987-The Distributorship of Alaska opens and establishes Interstate in 50 states.
- 1989-Interstate expands its worldwide reach by signing its first distributorship in Canada.
- 1990-Interstate recognized for North America's top replacement battery company.
- 1993-First Monster Energy NASCAR Cup Series win for Interstate Batteries and JGR at the Dayton 500 at Daytona International Speedway.
- 1998-The first Interstate All Battery Outlet opens to offer a battery for every need.
- 2004-Carlos Sepulveda is CEO and president.
- 2006-Introduction of a new automotive product line and a free replacement warranty of 18, 24, and 30 months.
- 2007-With the inscription of "Best Battery" by auto technicians in an independent survey conducted by Frost & Sullivan.
- 2010-1.5 million batteries sold in one month.
- 2012-Awarded the Frost and Sullivan 'Overall Best Brand of Automotive Batteries' for a sixth consecutive year.
- 2017-Sold a record 18 million batteries in one year.
- Currently, Interstate stands as a leader and one of the most important
Interstate batteries offer a culture of motivation and trustworthiness. The values and purpose that are interconnected make this company a trusted company among users.
The company believes that it is not profit that drives success, and that is why it stands out from other companies.
The purpose is to enrich lives and glorify God by offering the most trusted power source worldwide.
The company operates a business based on biblical principles of humility, caring, honesty and service, loving and welcoming all.
- It provides a caring and welcoming environment that offers a positive experience to team members and others who meet and touch interstate, regardless of their faith or background system.
- As an employee of the company, a person is free to communicate with purpose in a most useful and meaningful way.
- With unchanging values, it aims to deliver the best to live them while serving stakeholders such as customers, franchisees, suppliers, vendors, team members, distributors, and shareholders.
- It does not promote discrimination or discrimination against individuals based on background or beliefs.
The values at Interstate Batteries are constantly changing and have been defined concerning its purpose. Interstate's values are the foundation of this company and represent who they are.
- Consider people's needs as a top priority.
- Treat others with respect, that you would like to be treated.
- Treat your abilities, aptitude, and strength as a gift from God, and put them to good use.
- As you lead change, improve, learn, and be brave.
- It has to happen when it comes down to it.
- Laugh a lot and work hard.
- A team that collaborates achieves greater results.
- Keep your promises and remain true to yourself.
- It is well-known for recycling old batteries and ensuring that hazardous acid and lead are not released into the environment.
- It makes a significant environmental contribution.
- You can always get the best fit battery for your automobile. You can choose between the different batteries available.
- Interstate Batteries is known for providing fast, friendly and professional services in its stores.
- You don't need to make an appointment before installing and testing the battery on site.
- You can avail all battery accessories and equipment from a single store. Therefore, you don't need to search multiple places or stores.
- It provides trustworthy and honest services within the desired time frame required to complete the work.
- The company has informative staff and checks the battery before quoting.
- You can get helpful and supportive tutorials in less than a few minutes.
- Interstate Batteries is affiliated with AAA, which makes it an even more trustworthy and reliable brand.
- Every single staff at Interstate Battery store is helpful and knowledgeable about their products. The courtesy and skillfulness of the staff ensure that you get the best service and products according to your needs and requirements.
- You no longer have to offer physical receipts for physical adjustments to your battery.
- Some of the stores may offer poor warranty service. They may not offer the warranty, resulting in losses.
- Newly hired staff may have a bad experience and therefore may not provide customer service on par. In addition, they are still not aware of the company's values and culture and therefore do not provide a rich experience to their customers.
- Some of the Interstate batteries may expire before their stated lifespan.
Frequently Asked Question [FAQs].
Do Interstate batteries need water?
You must first understand the mechanism of the Interstate batteries before you can understand the demand. An electrolyte is used in the majority of them. This is made by diluting the electrolyte with water. However, the makers preferred not to use any additional water. As a result, you do not need to add water as a consumer.
What kind of interstate battery should I buy?
You will not be able to purchase such a battery. If you're going to use the battery in your car, make sure the specifications are met. Choosing a battery with the longest guarantee is the best option.
Why do Interstate batteries change to all-black cases?
To be honest, this has nothing to do with the Interstate battery's construction or performance. This is mainly to reduce the manufacturer's manufacturing costs. The two different colors reduce their costs. So you don't have to worry about buying an Interstate battery with a black case.
Is Interstate the manufacturer of AAA's automobile batteries?
This is another another issue that has no bearing on the battery's quality. Many firms employ a different manufacturing unit that is simply labeled with their company's name. So, even if they use AAA batteries, it won't make much of a difference.
How long should an Interstate battery last?
If you buy a new Interstate battery, you will get at least one year warranty. However, if you use it regularly, you can always expect a good run. So you can expect the Interstate battery to last 3-5 years with proper maintenance. However, it would help if you kept maintaining the product properly to get a better result.
Interstate Batteries serves customers with world-class services and industry-standard products. In recent years, the company has not provided services according to customer expectations but is still a leading battery company in America and worldwide.