It feels great to have amazing lights display during the Christmas season but what's discouraging is the electric bill you will be left with after setting up the Christmas string lights. Solar-powered Christmas lights are one of the best ways to ensure you can still set up the lights without having a huge electric bill at the end of the season.
Solar string lights are eco-friendly and a great alternative to standard electric lights. They are powered by the sun and are easier to put up. However, finding the best solar Christmas lights can be a challenge because of the wide range of options available in the market today.
To help you find an amazing one, we have compiled a review of the five best solar-powered lights, their pros and cons, as well as a list of factors you need to consider before buying the best solar Christmas lights.
5 Best Solar-Powered Christmas Lights
1. Joomer Solar String Lights 72ft 200 LED 8 Modes
- Solar Powered & Auto On/Off: The multicolor solar Christmas lights are powered...
- 2 Switches & 8 Lighting Modes: This multicolor solar string lights have On/Off...
- Waterproof & Memory Function: The solar christmas lights can withstand all kind...
- Easy to Install: Solar panel with ground stake, 72ft long string is perfect for...
- Widely Application: The solar fairy lights are a great choice for Christmas,...
The Joomer Solar String Lights are a budget-friendly option that is easy to use. They have a solar panel on a stake which makes it easier to install. They come with amazing features and are perfect for both indoor and outdoor use.
First, they boast an automatic on/off function, which means they will automatically turn on at dusk and off at dawn. You will only need to place the solar panel in direct sunlight, switch it on and continue with your business, and these Joomer solar Christmas will work with or without you.
These solar-powered Christmas lights also feature eight lighting modes that cater to different needs. They have a 72-foot string where the first light is six feet away from the solar panel, which provides a more attractive placement. You also get eight modes to match the different needs.
The Joomer lights feature a memory function that helps you remember the last setting, and they don't revert back every time they turn off. They are also waterproof with an IP65 rating, and you get a wide range of colors to choose from, including purple, blue, warm white, green, red, white, multi-color, etc.
2. SKYFIRE Solar Powered Twinkle Fairy Lights
- Fairy lights up to 6 Hours super long working time after full charge and always...
- Advanced solar batteries tech ensure 17% energy conversion rate and built-in...
- IP65 Waterproof design ensures decorative lights withstand rainy weather...
- Timbo String Lights are easy to Operate & Install: Solar panel with garden...
- Garden Party Decorations Lights - ideal for atmosphere creation or lighting...
If you're looking to buy solar Christmas lights that are multi-strands, then you will love this Skyfire Solar Powered Twinkle Fairy Lights. It features ten strands with 200 waterproof LED light that creates a cascade of tumbling white light.
When the lights are positioned properly, they make it feel like a waterfall. This makes them a great choice for reception and party-setting outdoor Christmas lights. The lights can spread out or cascade downward and collect at one end, depending on what you like.
They are also great for letting them drop at a wall or at the top of a stack of trunks or crates as Christmas decorations. These Skyfire lights have an IP65 waterproof rating which means you can always put them anywhere for a safe and bright light display.
With a full charge, these lights can work for up to six hours. They use a built-in 600mA backup battery, and the lights come in two modes that are flashing or steady. Moreover, these lights come in a range of colors, including white, warm white, multi-color, etc.
3. Vmanoo LED Shower Rain Lights Solar Powered Icicle Lights
- Specification - A big solar panel (large enough to support the lights to work)...
- Meteor Shower Effect - Led meteor shower lights bulbs turns on and out one by...
- Excellent Performance - The solar string lights work at night and charge daytime...
- Waterproof & Memory Function: The outdoor string lights can withstand all kind...
- BUY NOW: We offer 12 months quality warranty. If for any reason our solar string...
The Vmanoo Solar Powered Icicle Lights feature an amazing and unique style of solar Christmas lights. It includes eight tube lights, with each tube having 36 LED bulbs, giving a total of 288 LED lights. This allows you to light up the tubes in a cascading drip motion.
These lights are fully solar-powered, which means you will only have to place the solar panel somewhere convenient where there is full sunlight. They are dustproof, waterproof, and are made from a material that is anti-corrosion.
They are a great option for hanging on a Christmas tree, on a fence post along a trail, on eaves, or putting in the window sills. You are also given a variety of color options to choose from, including white, multi-color, blue, warm white, etc.
4. Toodour Solar Outdoor String Lights 2 Packs
- Solar Powered & Auto On/Off: Solar energy supply, no extra utility electric...
- 2 Switches & 8 Different Modes: This outdoor Christmas string lights have On/Off...
- Waterproof & Memory Function: The Christmas solar lights can withstand all kind...
- Easy to Install and Operation: Solar panel with ground stake, 72ft long string...
- The solar fairy lights is a great choice for garden patio decorations, wedding,...
The Toodour Solar Outdoor String Lights 2 Packs features a 72-foot string with multiple colored lights. It has eight different light modes, including blinking and flashing modes, for versatility and to cater to different needs. They also have a great waterproof rating which means they can withstand heavy amounts of snow and rain.
These outdoor solar string lights include a 2V solar panel requiring about six hours to charge the battery fully. With a full charge, the battery is said to last the whole night. The lights also come with a convenient memory function which means when you turn them on, they will easily go back to the mode they were before turning them off.
The set of lights comes with a built-in memory chip that saves the last modes setting, eliminating the need to reset the modes every time. They are a great choice for different settings, including the holiday season, wedding, lawn, or garden decorations. Moreover, they come in different colors, including green, blue, multi-color, red, white, etc.
5. Inngree 20 ft 30 LED 8 Modes Solar String Snowflake Lights
- Green-life style, the light works by using solar power, no more any other energy...
- Waterproof High Performance. Solar panel and LED lamps tested as IP65 to prevent...
- Inngree Solar String lights have upgraded the LED chip and battery, so that...
- Easy to Operate & Install: Simple operation with two switches (Power On/Off...
- 100% No Hassle Money Back Guarantee,Try it out at our expense - If you are not...
If you're hoping to bring a bit of winter wonderland indoors, then you should consider getting these dazzling snowflake lights. The Inngree 20-feet 30 LED 8 Modes Solar String Snowflake Lights features a 20-foot cord and 30 LED snowflake-shaped lights that have been spread evenly.
They are safe for both indoor and outdoor spaces. You only need to charge the solar panel until full to get all things activated, and you can start your holiday season. After a full charge, these lights can light up throughout the night for about 10 to 12 hours.
Both the lights and string are IP65 waterproof rated, which means they are safe for use even in heavy rain and other terrible weather conditions. These lights also have an automatic on/off. They come in either multi-color or bright white.
Factors to Consider Before Buying the Best Solar-Powered Christmas Light
1. Material and Build of Solar Lights
The material and build are some of the most important considerations when buying solar Christmas lights because they determine how durable the lights will be in both mild and extreme weather conditions.
This may not be a major factor if you're planning to use them indoors, but if they are for outdoor space, then you need to buy a durable and flexible copper wire which has been coated to protect it from different weather conditions.
Different solar Christmas lights come with different IP ratings, which indicates how well the Christmas light can perform in different weather conditions. You want to get strand lights that are weatherproof and dustproof to ensure they stay lit even in tough conditions like cloudy days during Christmas time.
2. Battery Life and Charging Time
It is also crucial to consider how long the battery can stay when fully charged and how long it will take to charge them fully. Ideally, any light string that is out in the sun all day is enough; however, you don't want it to charge for more than seven hours.
There are some lights in the market today that can last all night on a single, although most of them will last around eight hours.
3. Length and Number of Lights
The length and number of lights are entirely based on personal preference and space. If you get a light string, you need to determine the length. Many solar-powered holiday lights are strings, although not all. To determine the length and the number of lights you need, you should consider the space you need to be covered and how dense you want them to be packed.
You have to note that some solar lights are designed to be put on open spaces, others in trees, driveways, and walkways, while others are multifunction, meaning they can be hung in different places. The location is quite important because it determines how much of the panel is exposed to direct sunlight. It would help if you decided where you want your lights to go before purchasing them.
5. LED Lights
LED bulbs are considered better than other lighting modes because they are the toughest, consume the least amount of solar energy, and last the longest.
It would be best to consider the functions that the Christmas lights have. Some solar Christmas lights work by blinking or flashing mode, some fade, some are just on and off, while others chase each other, etc. The functions entirely depend on what you're looking for.
Another great feature that Christmas lights come with is automatic on/off function. This means that the lights can turn on and off automatically or on their own, depending on how dark it is outside.
7. Easy Installation
You don't want to get solar Xmas lights that are challenging to install especially if you're not planning to seek professional help. When it comes to ease of installation, it means that it should only require you to place the solar decorative lights where they fit and then install the solar panel in a place where there is more sun.
8. Price and Warranty
The best solar lights should be the ones that are within your budget. Luckily, there are solar lights for every reasonable budget. The prices are mostly determined by the quality, size, and length in the case of solar string lights, brand, etc. Some, especially the expensive ones, come with a quite decent warranty.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) on Solar Christmas Lights
1. Do solar Christmas lights really work?
Solar Lights work exactly like the traditional light; however, they don't require extension cords, no fossil fuel emissions, and help lower the electric bill. These solar Christmas lights will come with a rechargeable battery and a small solar panel whereby during the day, the solar panel will collect the solar energy to charge the battery.
2. Are solar Christmas lights bright?
The solar lights are extremely bright because of their unique shape and small size, allowing them to arrange themselves uniquely. They also gave an advantage of producing more brightness because of the many lights depending on the length of the strand of lights.
In comparison to the traditional lights that use incandescent bulbs, solar lights use LED bulbs. Generally, LED lights are a bit less bright compared to incandescent lights. However, the LEDs are more energy-efficient and can run on only a few hours of sunlight.
3. How long do solar-powered Christmas lights last?
A number of important factors can affect the lifespan of solar lights, including the material, construction, and also how you use them. Generally, the batteries in solar lights are expected to last at least three years before a need to change them arises. The LED bulbs are made to last for at least ten years.